Happy 4th everyone! We have had a great day, so far! We got up this morning and headed to the gym for the annual Firecracker 5K race and fun run. Jamie got here bright and early to take care of the kids while Mike and I headed over to the gym to start the race. We both had great finishing times and I actually got 2nd place in my age division. Mike says that I'm in a zone to continue to get PR's. I don't know about that. The course is pretty fast, so only time will tell. For now, I am VERY happy with my personal best of 23:26 (my watch) or 23:29 (gun time). Devin ran his fun run in record time for him. He looked VERY strong. This was really fun to watch. He is really turning into a fine athlete. I can only imagine what he'll be if he continues to practice hard and train.
After all of our hard work, we went over to our neighborhood pool for the 4th of July party. They have several events for the kids, including a "goody" find on the bottom of the pool (pennies, juice boxes, etc.) and Devin came up with one of everything...a plastic duck, two balls, a grape juice box and one penny. Success...THEN, they also have two huge inflatable waterslides. He loved that!
We came home, and worked a little around the house and in the yard to get ready for some friends coming over for a cookout. Right now it is raining, but I feel it will clear up in perfect time. Then we're off to watch some fireworks and eat some ice cream.
I am a sucker for a family tradition. I really love this one!
Happy 4th everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment