Well, I am realizing that I may have bit off more than I can chew to keep up with a blog. I think that a lot of things I try are quite ambitious and then I fail miserably. My goal was to keep my family up to date and in touch with what goes on with the kids and try hard to keep it up daily. Well, I think it has been a week. A lot of things that are blog-worthy have occurred, but I simply have not had the time to get to the computer to write about them. Currently, the baby is asleep and the boys were going to a movie, but I just received an email that they are playing games at the bowling alley and will be home much sooner than expected. I better hurry! Again, my time is limited.
One of the cutest things that has happened over the past few days is the return of Batman. Devin, who used to play super hero dress-up all of the time (but over the past 6 months or so has not for one reason or another) came down from his playroom the other day completely decked out as Batman. I was thrilled to see that there is still some "child" in him, even though he acts so big. Grace was extremely shocked to see her brother dressed up. She squealed with delight and couldn't take her eyes off of him. We got a second showing the next day when he again came outside dressed up and wrestled the "blue meanie" on the trampolene. She saw him come around the corner and just took off toward him. They are absolutely precious together!
Today we went to my brother and sister-in-law's new home in the country. It took about 50 minutes to get there. They have two puppies that were found on the side of the road by my nephew, Joseph. My bro is ready to take them to the pound, but I am begging him to wait. I really think I can find a home for at least one of them. They are sisters, and they are absolutely precious. Devin came home telling Mike all about them and begged me before we left if we could take them. I would love to have them, but with Grace the size she is and the puppies as "puppy" as they are, the timing is just not right. I do hope my brother will keep them. He has 8-1/2 acres now so space is not an issue anymore. Cute barn dogs to say the least. We didn't want to come home. It seems so different there. Slow, peaceful, and beautiful. I know we'll go back soon!
I hope to keep up a little better, but no promises...
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment