Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Summer Fun
Last night is was almost time for an early bedtime for Devin and Aunt Kelley called...saved by the bell (or telephone, I guess, in this case!) When he finished he got into the shower and came downstairs and it was just the right time to go catch "fire flies" as he calls them (We used to call them lightening bugs). We have tried unsuccessfully to catch them before, but we were successful last night and caught two. They made their way into the bug box and slept on Devin's bookcase. This time outside made me remember the many nights when I was about his age that all of the neighborhood kids would meet in the street and catch lightening bugs until we were forced inside by our parents. This time, is was just Mike, Devin and I. And that was okay and so much fun! Oh, and you'll be happy to know (as he was) that one of the two "fire flies" that we caught made it through the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment